If my dog or cat eats a rat or mouse that has been baited or killed with Ratsak Naturals, will it get sick?

Hi, My dog likes to eat dead mice and rats, yuck!!. I havent used baits of any sort for that reason. If i use Ratsak Naturals and my dog or cat eats a mouse or rat (that has ingested the pellets at some point) will she get sick. She is old and I am hesitant about using the Ratsak Naturals but traps alone are not solving our rat problem.

yates

20 May 2021 12:01 PM

Hi Zoe,

Thank you for contacting Ratsak.

The product Ratsak Naturals contains Corn Meal and Sodium Chloride. When used as per label instructions, there is no risk of secondary poisoning to non-target animals. Rodents must feed exclusively on baits for 2 - 5 days and will die 3 - 7 days after this period. Click here for more info on this product: https://www.ratsak.com.au/ratsak-naturals-bait-pellets

Hope this helps and happy gardening :)

Topics: General Advice Issues: Home Pest