Goal 1: Reduce our waste to landfill by 50 % by 2027
What have we done so far?
In 2022, we saved 40 tonnes of waste from going to landfill by reducing waste at the source and partnering with key suppliers to convert waste into valuable commodities. For example:
- Diverting wooden pallet waste which would have gone to landfill, into kitchen cabinetry
- Converting the backing paper from labels which would have gone to landfill, into commercial building insulation material
Goal 2: Reduce our carbon footprint by halving our Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions and substantially reducing Scope 3 emissions by 2027
What’s in progress?
- We’re currently scoping out installing solar at our operating sites
- We are investigating hybrid vehicles to replace our current fleet for our sales teams
- We are working with key suppliers to better understand our Scope 3 emissions
What are Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions?
Scope 1 - this includes “direct” emissions from our sites and vehicles
Scope 2 - this covers “indirect” emissions generated from other facilities which we then use, eg a power station
Scope 3 – all other indirect emissions that are created throughout the value chain – these are outside of our direct control