Last Updated: 18 November 2021
Yates Australia (including the Munns brand), is a division of DuluxGroup (Australia) Pty Limited (ACN 000 049 427). The terms "we", "us", "our" refer to the company and any of our affiliated companies. We have set some rules for our social media channels to make sure they are positive and useful for our community.
By using or posting on our social media channels, you are accepting the “Social Media House Rules”.
We developed these rules for use of our social media channels to ensure they remain a positive experience for all members. Our channels include:
Hours of operation
We welcome your comments and questions on our social media channels. If appropriate, we’ll respond to you within a timely manner.
Before contacting us via social media, you might like to search the Ask an Expert section of our website to see if your question has already been answered.
Alternatively, you can contact a horticulturist in our Consumer Advice team, available Monday to Friday by:
• Phone: 1300 369 074 (8:30am to 4:30pm AEST/AEDT);
• Email; or
• Live chat (10am to 2pm AEST/AEDT).
We ask our Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn communities to apply a common-sense and considerate approach when:
• making comments or responding to posts
• posting information to our wall, including photos
• commenting underneath a post
• tagging the @yatesgardening and/or @munnslawn account in a wall post
We moderate our social media pages. If necessary, we may in our discretion, remove any content that breaches the guidelines and block any user that violates these rules.
What is inappropriate content?
Inappropriate content includes information that in our opinion is or may be:
• Sexually explicit or obscene
• Commercial or promotional
• Link baiting
• Vilifying or attacking an individual, group or entity
• Encouraging activities illegal in Australia
• Considered bullying and harassment
• Inaccurate or misleading
• Transgressing intellectual property laws or other third-party rights
• Compromising a person’s privacy or personal details (for example, a phone number)
• Otherwise in breach of these guidelines
When you use our social media pages, you are using an external site. You are therefore bound by the privacy principles of that site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of that site for further information. We do not endorse, and are not accountable for, any views expressed by third parties using that site.
We record all information posted to our social media channels and use that information for:
• administering the channels;
• record keeping; and
• considering and/or addressing any comments made.