How to grow carrots in a garden
- Choose a sunny spot in the garden, loosen the soil with a garden fork and dig in Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser. Ensure you dig around the soil really well and break up any hard pieces - carrots love soft soil, which doesn’t have any hard lumps or stones in it, otherwise the carrots might grow into some weird shapes!
- Sow seeds around 6mm deep and 50mm apart. Cover, firm down and moisten.
- Water regularly to keep soil moist and thin seedlings after 4 weeks – gently pull out weak seedlings, leaving the healthiest in place.
- Feed weekly with Yates Thrive Vegie & Herb Liquid Plant Food.
- Sow successive crops at 4-5 weekly intervals.