A premium all-purpose organic-based potting mix suitable for most indoor and outdoor potted plants, including flowers, shrubs, fruit trees and vegetables.
- With added Dynamic Lifter organic fertiliser for gentle, slow release feeding
- Boosted with nutrients to feed potted plants for up to 6 months
- Contains trace elements to maximise plant vigour
- Specially formulated to have increased water holding capacity and wettability
10% Dynamic Lifter
How to Use
Directions for use
Tips for repotting
Water plants and drain thoroughly before repotting. Choose a container with adequate drainage and appropriate size for the plant type selected. Take the plant out of the existing pot and check the root ball, making sure you tease out or prune circular roots prior to re-potting. Partly fill the base of the pot with new potting mix to a level that leaves the top of the root ball around 3 cm from the top edge of the new pot. Centre and hold the plant while tipping the remaining mix in and around the root ball firming as you go. Ensure that you end up with a finished surface which is approximately 2-3cm below the tip of the pot, this will assist when watering. Water in well to settle the potting mix around the plant. making sure if you are planting into a self watering pot that you check the water height in the reservoir prior to moving into an indoor location, to minimise water leakage onto carpets.
General plant care
Check cultural notes on the plant label and make sure the position you choose is appropriate. Regularly check plant foliage for any potential damage caused by pests and diseases. Treat early as required. If you have selected an indoor plant or intend to position an outdoor plant in a shady position or against a wall, it is a good idea to rotate the container regularly to ensure even growth.
Watering frequency is very dependant on the plant type, location, pot size and type of pot selected. Check plant cultural notes for more information. Frequently check moisture levels in the potting mix 2-3 cm under the surface level. Mix should be moist. If potting into a self watering container, make sure the water reservoir is at least 50% full at all times. Note, too much or too little water is a key factor that leads to poor plant performance. Watering will need to be adjusted during different seasons, depending on local conditions.
Adjust feeding prior to periods of active growth, mainly spring or autumn. Add additional fertiliser and water in well. Check Yates fertiliser labels, such as Yates Thrive and Yates Dynamic Lifter, for how to use information.
Also check cultural notes on plant labels for plant specific information.
We would recommend using a specialist potting mix for orchids, camellias, azaleas, african violets and phosphorus sensitive plants.
- This product is made from organic materials, including composted pinebark, and contains living organisms, including bacteria, fungi and protozoa. May also contain mineral and fertiliser additives
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin
- Avoid breathing dust and/or liquid mists (bioaerosols)
- Wear suitable protective clothing and standard duty gloves (AS/NZS 2161.2). If exposed to dust and/or liquid mists, also wear dust resistant eye protection (AS/NZS 1336) and particulate respirator (AS/NZS 1715 and 1716)
- Wash thoroughly immediately after handling. Wash work clothes regularly
- Clean up by wet sweeping or vacuuming
- Store this product in a cool location.
- First Aid: Irrigate eyes with plenty of water for 10 minutes. Wash skin with soap and wtaer. Seed medical attention for any persistent skin, eye or respiratory symptoms.
- Disposal: Follow above safety precautions and collect in containers. Refer to the Safety data sheet for this product which is avialable from Yates.