How to grow cucumber in a garden
- Choose a sunny spot in the garden and enrich the soil with Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser.
- Sow 4-5 seeds into mounds of moist soil spaced 40cm apart and water well.
- As seedlings grow, thin seedlings and leave only the two strongest. Mulch around the base of the plant with organic mulch like sugar cane or pea straw to retain moisture.
- Feed weekly with Yates Thrive Vegie & Herb Liquid Plant Food.
- To save space, train cucumber vines to grow on a fence or trellis – tie young stems to a wire support and eventually, the tendrils will cling to the wire.
- Pick fruit regularly to prolong harvest.