How to grow leather leaf fern in a garden
- Choose a partly shaded to full shade position in the garden.
- Dig a hole at least twice the size of the root-ball. To improve soil quality add Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser to the soil removed from the hole.
- Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in hole at the same depth as it was planted in the pot. Backfill with the enriched soil, gently firming down. Water in well.
- Water the plant regularly during the warmer months of the year, water moderately during winter.
- Feed every 2 weeks with Yates Thrive All Purpose Liquid Plant Food to promote strong root development and healthy foliage growth.