Sooty mold under golden wattle
Hi, we have sooty mold falling from a golden wattle. For example, even a barbeque left under the wattle now has a black discoloration on the lid, and the top of the bottom boughs has become black from the falling soot. Is there any Yates product you can recommend to treat this issue? Thanks, Edward
Sooty Mouldis a fungal disease caused by various garden pests, such as Aphids, Scale, Mealy Bug, White Fly, and other 'true bugs' of the family Hemiptera. These pests feed on plants by 'piercing' into plant tissues and 'sucking' out the juice. A sweet sugary substance known as honeydew is excreted from their abdomen as a by-product, and is often used to feed Ants in exchange for protection. Sooty Mould spores landing on remnant honeydew develops into the disease.
The most important thing to do is first treat the pest causing the issue. You can also treat the disease Sooty Mould and Ants.
Yates Nature's Way Citrus & Ornamental Spray (Pyrethrum Plus Oil Pest Spray) is registered for the control of Sooty Mould, Ants, and sap sucking pests - Aphids, White Fly, Scale, Mealy Bug.
Answered: 2 Jul, 2021