I plan to remove the root stock branch but would like to know if I can help the damaged part of the tree heal in any way. I have had suggestions to "seal" the bark and wrap it but not sure what to use it how to do this. Any information greatly appreciated.
02 October 2021 10:29 AM
We recommend to:
- remove any growth that has come from the rootstock
- mulch the area to prevent soil splashing on to the wound
- make sure the area is well ventilated. Don't plant anything underneath the tree, and prune any growth shading or crowding the trunk.
- Apply Yates Liquid Copper Fungicide to assist with collar rot
- Improve growth, and plant and soil health, apply Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver and Plant Fertiliser