How to grow umbrella tree in a pot
- Choose a spot indoors that is well lit but away from direct sunlight. Being a tall growing plant, an empty corner of a room is ideal for an umbrella tree.
- Fill the pot (halfway) with Yates Premium Potting Mix.
- Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any matted or tangled roots.
- Position in hole and backfill with potting mix, gently firming down. Water in well keeping the water away from the leaves.
- After the initial water, water each time after checking if the top 2-3cm of the potting mix has dried.
- Feed fortnightly from spring to autumn with Yates Thrive Houseplant Liquid Plant Food to promote strong root development and healthy foliage.