How to grow mother-in-law's tongue in a pot
- Choose a pot at least 200mm wide (or larger, depending on the size of you plant). Position in a well-lit spot, out of direct sunlight. It will also grow well in low light areas.
- Fill the pot with Yates Potting Mix with Dynamic Lifter.
- Remove the plant from its container, gently tease the roots.
- Position the plant in the middle of the new pot. Sansevieria can be grown very effectively in small pots. Fill in around the plant with potting mix and water well. You can feature sansevieria in a mixed outdoor pot of succulents or it also looks stunning on its own in an indoor display.
- Water on a moderate basis in the summer but cut back in the winter when plants require less moisture. Allow the potting mix to dry out almost completely before re-watering.
- Feed occasionally from spring to autumn with Yates Thrive Houseplant Liquid Plant Food.