How to grow calathea in a pot
- Choose a spot indoors that is well lit, but away from direct sunlight like a windowsill or coffee table.
- Partially fill the pot with Yates Potting Mix with Dynamic Lifter.
- Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in pot and backfill with potting mix, gently firming down. Water in well keeping the water away from the leaves.
- After the initial watering, keep the soil moist (not wet!), especially during the warmer months. During winter, you can allow the soil to almost dry out before watering again.
- Feed fortnightly during the growing season with Yates Thrive Houseplant Liquid Plant Food.