How to grow bat plant in a garden
- Choose a well drained, shaded spot in the garden, like under a tree and prepare the planting area well by digging in Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser.
- Dig the planting hole twice as wide and to the same depth as the root-ball. Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in hole and backfill with soil, gently firming down.
- Mulch with an organic mulch, such as bark chips, sugar cane or pea straw ensuring to keep it away from the base of the plant.
- Water regularly during the growing season to keep the soil lightly moist, then reduce watering in winter to allow the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Feed lightly with Yates Dynamic Lifter Liquid in spring.