How to grow peonies in your garden
- Choose a well drained spot in the garden that gets full to part sun during the day and protection from the afternoon sun.
- Enrich the soil with some compost and Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser before planting.
- Dig the planting hole twice as wide and to the same depth as the root-ball. Carefully, remove the shrub from the container.
- Position in hole and backfill with soil, gently firming down. Form a raised ring around the plant, creating a well so that water will go where it’s needed most. Water in well.
- Mulch around the base with organic mulch like bark chips, sugarcane or pea straw, keeping it away from the trunk.
- Feed every week with Yates Thrive Roses & Flowers Liquid Plant Food.