How to grow freesia from in a garden
- Choose a well drained spot in the garden that receives full sun or part shade.
- Enrich the soil with some Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser before planting.
- Place corms directly where the plants are to grow at a depth of 7cm.
- Cover with soil.
- Keep the soil moist.
- Feed every 1 – 2 weeks with Yates Thrive Roses & Flowers Liquid Plant Food, which is rich in potassium to help promote healthy plants and lots of flowers next season.
- After the flowers and foliage die, lift the corms from the soil and store them in a cool dry place ready for the next season. Freesias can also be left in the ground to multiply.