- Yates Seed Raising quality mix is specially formulated for raising seeds
- The mix has added fertiliser to stimulate growth to give your seedlings the best start
- The mix is suitable for vegetables, flowers and herbs and can also be used for propagation of cuttings
An ideal mix with added fertiliser to boost seedling growth. Ideal for seedling trays. Suitable for vegetables, flowers and herbs.
Composted pine bark
How to Use
Yates Mini Greenhouse is ideal.
Raising seed in containers:
Step 1: Fill the container with Yates Seed Raising Mix to 1cm below rim of container. Mix should be moist.
Step 2: Level and gently firm the mix.
Step 3: Space seed as directed.
Step 4: Lightly cover with thin layer of Seed Raising Mix. Very small seeds, or seeds requiring light to germinate, may be simply pushed into the surface.
Step 5: Water with a fine mist so as to not dislocate or float the seeds.
Step 6: Place in a lightly shaded or dappled sun position. Cover fine seeds with glass or plastic to help maintain even temperature and moisture.
Step 7: When seeds have germinated, remove the covering and move into stronger light and eventually more sunlight to harden off the seedlings.
Step 8: Keep moist but not wet and do not let dry right out.
Step 9: Transplant seedlings when they are big enough to easily handle or roots are starting to show through bottom of tray.
Successful propagation of cuttings requires warm, moist and humid conditions.
Step 1: Fill pot or tray with moist Yates Seed Raising Mix.
Step 2: Select fresh cuttings from healthy plants.
Step 3: Prepare cuttings and trim as required.
Step 4: Make a hole in the mix to required depth with a pencil or similar.
Step 5: Dip cut end in Yates Cutting Powder. Insert cutting into hole and firm around it gently.
Step 6: Water well and allow to drain.
Step 7: Enclose in plastic or glass to maintain humidity and warmth. Avoid the cover touching leaves.
Step 8: Place in a warm position and good light but not direct sun. Keep moist but not wet.
Step 9: When roots have formed, remove cover and harden off gradually.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED
- This product is made from organic materials, including composted pinebark, and contains living organisms, including bacteria, fungi and protozoa. May also contain mineral and fertiliser additives
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin
- Avoid breathing dust and/or liquid mists (bioaerosols)
- Wear suitable protective clothing and standard duty gloves (AS/NZS 2161.2). If exposed to dust and/or liquid mists, also wear dust resistant eye protection (AS/NZS 1336) and particulate respirator (AS/NZS 1715 and 1716)
- Wash thoroughly immediately after handling. Wash work clothes regularly
- Clean up by wet sweeping or vacuuming
- Store this product in a cool location
- First Aid: Irrigate eyes with plenty of water for 10 minutes. Wash skin with soap and wtaer. Seed medical attention for any persistent skin, eye or respiratory symptoms.
- Disposal: Follow above safety precautions and collect in containers. Refer to the Safety data sheet for this product which is avialable from Yates.