How to grow agapanthus in your garden
- Choose a place in the garden that gets full sun to part shade. Prepare the planting area well by digging in Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser.
- Dig the planting hole twice as wide and to the same depth as the root-ball. Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots.
- Position in hole and backfill with soil, gently firming down. Form a raised or doughnut shaped ring of soil around the outer edge of the plant's root zone. This helps keep water where it's needed. Always water in well after planting to settle the soil around the roots and keep the soil moist for several weeks while the new plant establishes.
- Mulch with an organic mulch such as bark chips, sugar cane or pea straw, keeping it clear of the base of the plant.
- Feed in autumn and spring with Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser to ensure strong root development & healthy flowers .