What is this scale type insect on my Crepe Myrtle and how do I treat it? Couple of pictures attached.

These guys just appeared on one of our Crepe Myrtles. Most of the info I can find is North American and the infestation does not look the same. They are easily rubbed off the trunk but I wondered if I should do some additional treatment? Thanks (and also for your help in the past which was invaluable).


09 November 2021 02:10 PM

The pest look like scales, if only a few are infested and can be scraped off physically, there is no further treatment needed. 

Topics: Flowers and Ornamentals Issues: Pests