Yates Nature’s Way Caterpillar Killer is based on Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki, which is an insecticide derived from beneficial bacteria found in soil, on plant surfaces and also in insects. It specifically targets caterpillars and is safe for beneficial insects such as ladybirds and bees. Yates Nature's Way products are based on natural, low toxic & organic ingredients.
- Certified for use in organic gardens by Australian Certified Organic (ACO)
- Controls Armyworm, cotton bollworm, native budworm (Helicoverpa sp), cabbage moth caterpillars, cabbage white butterfly caterpillars, green looper, lightbrown apple moth caterpillars, pear looper, vine moth caterpillars, soybean looper, tobacco looper
- Can be used on vegetables, fruits, vines, herbs, ornamental shrubs, flowers & trees
- Safe for bees, ladybirds, birds, fish, mammals & pets
- Contains 4 X 10g handy sized sachets.
8640 International units of potency per mg of Bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki
How to Use
How it Works
Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki affects the insect’s digestive system. The bacteria produce a toxic protein that paralyses the insect’s gut. Once a caterpillar eats treated foliage, it stops eating but may take up to 3-4 days to die and drop from the leaf.
How to Use
DO NOT spray when conditions are hot, or when soil is dry and plants are suffering from moisture stress. The best time to apply is in late afternoon.
How to Prepare
Add required amount of Yates Nature’s Way Caterpillar Killer into about half the required amount of water, agitate, then pour the rest of the water on top and shake or stir till thoroughly mixed. DO NOT mix more spray than is needed.
Vegetables, Fruits, Vines, Herbs, Ornamental Shrubs, Flowers and Trees
Pests Controlled - Armyworm, cotton bollworm, native budworm (Helicoverpa sp), cabbage moth caterpillar, cabbage white butterfly caterpillar, green looper, lightbrown, apple moth caterpillar, perar looper, vine moth caterpillar, soybean looper, tabacco looper.Rate - Mix one 10g sachet per 10L water OR 5g per 5L water.How to Apply - Spray when caterpillars or their damage first appear. It is important to spray both sides of all foliage. Respraying at 5 – 7 day intervals may be needed as more caterpillars hatch or under rainy conditions.
- DO NOT spray when conditions are hot, or when plants are suffering from moisture stress
- DO NOT allow chemical containers or spray to get into drains, sewers, streams or ponds
- After use, tightly close opened sachets with an elastic band
- Store in closed original container in a cool, dry place out of reach of children
- DO NOT store in direct sunlight
- Dispose of empty container by wrapping in paper, placing in plastic bag and putting in garbage
- May irritate the eyes and skin. Avoid contact with the eyes and skin. Wash hands after use