Fast acting liquid which corrects magnesium deficiency. Deficiency is common in citrus trees, tomatoes, vegetables, camellias, azaleas, gardenias and other acid loving plants. Magnesium is needed for photosynthesis. Deficiency is indicated by yellowing mainly in mature leaves, but with a residual green patch shaped like an inverted V at the base of the leaf.
- Yates Leaf Greener Magnesium Chelate is an easy to use liquid trace element
- Recommended as a foliar application, this delivers magnesium directly to the deficient leaves for faster results
- Foliar applications also result in much lower magnesium additions into the soil when compared to traditional Epsom salts soil drench applications, resulting in less wastage and lower risk of soil toxicity
- Works differently from other chelates
- Releases nutrients gradually to minimise leaf burn
- A targeted solution for fast results
- Sticks firmly to foliage and is rain-fast in 2-3 hours
Magnesium (Mg) as magnesium lignosulfonate chelate 1.25% w / v
How to Use
Alleviate Magnesium deficiency symptoms Method – Foliar spray: Recommended Spray to lightly wet the leaves, before runoff. NOT for stone fruit. Rate – Mix 20mL in 1L water. Apply with garden sprayer. Frequency – Every 2-4 weeks. Timing – Apply when symptoms appear. Reapply when necessary. Area – 1L/15m2 depending on size of plant canopy.
Method – Soil drench: Only recommended for stone fruit. Rate – Mix 15mL – 20ML in 5L water. Apply with watering can. Frequency – Every 2-4 weeks. Timing – Apply when symptoms appear. Reapply when necessary. Area – 5L/5m2 apply to moist soil around plant. Apply to leaves as a fine mist. For optimum results reassess plant symptoms every few weeks to decide if further applications are necessary. Begin treatment as soon as symptoms become visible or early in the growing season if a deficiency is known to exist. It is best to apply many smaller amounts rather than a single large amount.
Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Do not swallow. The spray from this product may act as an irritant. Avoid inhalation and contact with the eyes and skin. Wear appropriate skin and eye protection when mixing and applying product. Wash hands and affected parts on contact.
DO NOT over apply spray leading to run off. Do not apply during flowering. Do not mix with nitrogen fertilisers, as this may increase the risk of leaf burn. Always apply to moist soil. Do not apply when maximum temperature is expected to reach above 25°C or if the plant is suffering moisture stress. Apply during early morning or late afternoon when evaporation will be less.
Yates 500mL Thrive All Purpose Liquid Plant Food