- Fast growing and self-repairing, kikuyu is the easy-to-grow family lawn.
- This blend also contains annual ryegrass, which is extremely fast germinating, to act as a nursery grass to help limit weed germination and competition.
- Prevent soil erosion, and fill the gaps between the establishing kikuyu seedlings
Kikuyu, Annual Ryegrass
How to Use
Prepare the soil by digging to a depth of 10-15cm, rake and level to produce a firm and even surface.
Leave area for approximately 2 weeks or until weeds begin to germinate. Light watering will be required to initiate weed germination. After weeds have germinated, spay the entire area with Yates Zero Glyphosate Weed spray. This ensures your lawn will not have to compete with weeds for nutrients while establishing and promotes improved coverage.
Once the weeds have died off, lightly rake over the area to loosen the soil. First scatter Yates Dynamic Lifter Turf Starter, then Yates LawnSmart lawn seed. Scatter half in a North-South direction and the remaining half in an East-West direction and rake into the surface.
- Avoid ALL traffic (including dogs) on the area until the lawn is well established.
- Keep the newly sown lawn damp at all times by watering regularly with a fine mist spray.
- May require watering several times a day in hot or windy conditions.
- Lawn should be first mown when it reaches 10cm in height and then gradually reduce to a minimum of 5cm.