- Contains GERMINATION BOOSTER – innovative new seed coating technology that contains essential plant nutrient and a germination booster proven to speed up germination and enhance seedling vigour.
- Part of a complete range of premium Yates lawn seed.
- Extremely drought tolerant and hardwearing lawn.
- Ideal for warm areas. Germinates best when soil temperatures exceed 20°.
- Pack covers up to 75sqm
Hulled Couch*, Unhulled Couch* (*Seed is coated to assist germination and establishment)
How to Use
Prepare the soil by digging to a depth of 10-15cm and rake to produce a firm and even surface. Leave area for approximately 2 weeks or until weeds begin to germinate. Spray the entire area with Yates Zero Glyphosphate Weed spray. Once the weeds have died off, lightly rake over the area to loosen the soil. First scatter Yates Dynamic Lifter Turf Starter, then Yates LawnSmart lawn seed. Scatter half in a North-South direction and the remaining half in an East-West direction and rake into the surface. For best results: Tropical Zone – sow all year round (avoid mid winter) Subtropical – Sow early Spring to early Autumn Temperate Zone – Sow late spring to mid summer
- Avoid ALL traffic (including dogs) on the area until the lawn is well established.
- Keep the newly sown lawn damp at all times by watering regularly with a fine mist spray.
- May require watering several times a day in hot or windy conditions.
- Lawn should first be mown when it reaches 6-8cm in height and then gradually reduce to a minimum of 3cm.
- Couch germinates best when soil temperature exceed 21oC.