Walking barefoot through fresh green grass is one of life’s great pleasures. But when the soft spring of fresh lawn gets replaced with scratchy, rough weeds, it’s time to sort it out. Yates Weed ‘n’ Feed Hose-On can control large areas of broadleaf weeds, such as clover, dandelions and bindii within days. Because weeds are most effectively controlled when in the early stages of growth, Weed ‘n’ Feed is best applied before weeds flower and set seed. Yates Weed ‘n’ Feed Hose-On contains fast-acting plant hormones which are absorbed by the weeds and transferred to their roots. This causes them to curl, and yellow, before being eradicated within four weeks. It’s safe to use on several varieties of grass, including Couch, Kikuyu and Queensland Blue, leaving grass green and upright. As well as effectively eradicating weeds, it also contains a fertiliser that contains nitrogen to encourage lush green leaves and a stronger lawn, and iron to promote a rich green colour through your lawn. The hose-on formula couldn’t be easier to use. The on/off switch means you can attach it straight to your garden hose, and spray your lawn directly. Or, if you prefer, dilute the liquid in to water and apply through a watering can. The wetting agent gives improved spray coverage and leaf penetration, making it work quickly and effectively. Once the spray is dry, grass is safe for pets and children. Fewer weeds, greener grass, minimal effort. Liquid hose on weedkiller with added fertiliser for healthy green lawns.
- Easy to use On/Off switch (4L)
- Selectively kills the most common broadleaf weeds in lawns, including bindii, clover, dandelions and thistles
- Contains nitrogen and iron to promote a lush deep green lawn
- Contains wetting agent for improved spray coverage and leaf penetration
How to Use
MCPA and Dicamba are plant hormones which are absorbed by foliage and translocated to roots. The weed is forced into excessive disordered growth which leads to gradual curling and yellowing and then death of the weed within 4 weeks.
Directions for Use
Follow label directions. Apply when weeds are actively growing and rain is not expected. Apply 4 litres over 260 square metres. Alternatively 300ml may be diluted to 9 litres of water and applied over 20 square metres using a watering can and sprinkle bar (Dilutes 1 in 30 out of sprayer).
- For use on all lawns except buffalo, Durban grass, non-grass lawns and lawns less than 3 months old
- DO NOT mow or fertilise for 7 days before or after application and avoid watering for 12 hours after application
- DO NOT allow spray to drift onto garden plants or other plants you do not want killed
- DO NOT apply to lawns suffering stress
- DO NOT feed treated clippings to poultry, livestock or use as mulch