Munns Professional Kikuyu Lawn Seed blend is a premium turf grade seed blend coated with an advanced germination booster coating, to provide germination within 5-7 days*.
- Premium slow release 3 months fertiliser to help establish the grass long term.
- Improved germination and root development through the inclusion of a professional grade wetting agent.
- Multi-purpose coating, to boost germination and deter birds, while also allowing you to see where you’ve sown seeds.
Kikuyu can handle wear and tear, drought and a wide range of temperature. This turf type Emerald Kikuyu has a richer green colour and finer leaf texture than regular Kikuyu, growing into a beautiful, dense green lawn.
*Germination times are dependent upon temperature and soil moisture levels. Germination may take longer than specified during cold periods and when soil is not kept sufficiently moist.
Use the calculator below to calculate how much product is required to oversow your lawn.
- 1.1kg = 50m2 new lawn coverage or 100m2 oversow coverage
- 2.5kg = 125m2 new lawn coverage or 250m2 oversow coverage
1.1kg = 50m2 new lawn coverage or 100m2 oversow coverage
2.5kg = 125m2 new lawn coverage or 250m2 oversow coverage
Lawn Seed Type: Emerald Kikuyu and Improved Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass
% by weight of Seed: 10% and 90%
Minimum Germination: Above 85%
Blend also contains: 31.4% (by weight) slow release lawn food (22% Nitrogen, 5% Potassium, 2% Iron), Zeolite (granular soil improver), and a soil wetting agent.
How to Use
Where & When to Sow?
Sow in early autumn to allow development of a deep root system prior to first summer. Sowing in spring is also a suitable time, through more watering may be required throughout the first summer.
6 easy steps to sow our Munns Kikuyu
- Soil is to be evenly graded, well drained and level.
- Lightly rake area one way to create furrows.
- Shake pack thoroughly before seeding to overcome any setting. Broadcast the contexts of this pack evenly using the built-in spreader on top of pack.
- Rake again lightly at angles (90 degrees) to the original furrows.
- Keep the top 1cm of soil moist at times during germination using a fine mist spray. This may require watering several times a day especially in hot and windy conditions.
- Mow the lawn when the grass is 5-6cm high and just cut the top 2cm off this encourages root growth. As the lawn matures lower the blades gradually.
After 12 weeks fertilise your new lawn with a high quality Munns Professional Lawn Fertiliser that suits your lawn type for a healthy, lush green lawn.