Munns Professional Couch Lawn Seed blend is a premium turf grade seed blend coated in an advanced germination booster coating, to provide germination within 5-7 days*.
- Premium slow release 3 months fertiliser to help establish the grass long term.
- Improved germination and root development through the inclusion of a professional grade wetting agent.
- Multi-purpose coating, to boost germination and deter birds, while also allowing you to see where you’ve sown seeds.
Couch is a fine textured, hard wearing, rich green lawn that is ideal for high wear areas often associated with pets or children. It is drought tolerant and self repairing, and suited to most areas of Australia.
*Germination times are dependent upon temperature and soil moisture levels. Germination may take longer than specified during cold periods and when soil is not kept sufficiently moist.
The blend contains premium Couch and Improved Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass. The Ryegrass will germinate very quickly, and act as the mother crop to protect and support the growth of the Couch seed. Over time, the Couch will become the dominant grass type.
Please note: It is very important to keep cutting the ‘mother crop’ to allow the warmth and light into the Couch so it can germinate and establish.
- 1.1kg = 100m2 new lawn coverage or 200m2 oversow coverage
- 2.5kg = 250m2 new lawn coverage or 500m2 oversow coverage
1.1kg = 100m2 new lawn coverage or 200m2 oversow coverage
2.5kg = 250m2 new lawn coverage or 500m2 oversow coverage
Lawn Seed Type: Couch and Improved Turf Type Perennial Ryegrass
% by weight of Seed: 40%
Minimum Germination: Above 85%
Blend also contains: 35.9% (by weight) slow release lawn food (22% Nitrogen, 5% Potassium, 2% Iron), Zeolite (granular soil improver), and a soil wetting agent.
How to Use
Where & When to Sow?
Sow in early autumn to allow development of a deep root system prior to first summer. Sowing in spring is also a suitable time, through more watering may be required throughout the first summer.
6 easy steps to sow your Munns Couch
- Soil is to be evenly graded, well drained and level.
- Lightly rake area one way to create furrows.
- Shake pack thoroughly before seeding to overcome any setting. Broadcast the contexts of this pack evenly using the built-in spreader on top of pack.
- Rake again lightly at angles (90 degrees) to the original furrows.
- Keep the top 1cm of soil moist at times during germination using a fine mist spray. This may require watering several times a day especially in hot and windy conditions.
- Mow the lawn when the grass is 5-6cm high and just cut the top 2cm off this encourages root growth. As the lawn matures lower the blades gradually.
After 12 weeks fertilise your new lawn with a high quality Munns Professional Lawn Fertiliser that suits your lawn type for a healthy, lush green lawn.