Tall Fescue is a premium, rich dark green cool season turf grass. It is very shade tolerant and is suited to cool areas around Australia. Munns professional lawn seed blend is a premium turf-grade seed blend that provides germination within 7-12 days*.
- Turf remains dark green even during winter.
- Fast growing – germination in 7 – 12 days!*
- Premium slow release 3 month fertiliser to help establish the grass
- Professional grade wetting agent included to help germination and root development.
- Multi-purpose coating to help germination and deter birds, while also allowing you to see where you’ve sown seed.
*Germination may be slower during cooler times of the year or when the top 1cm of soil is not kept consistently moist. Optimum germination occurs between 15 and 22 degrees Celsius. Temperatures below 15 degrees celsius may slow germination.
How to Use
Where & When to Sow?
Sow in early autumn to allow development of a deep root system prior to first summer. Sowing in spring is also a suitable time, though more watering may be required throughout the first summer. Best suitable to Southern half of West Australia, South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania.
6 Easy Steps to Sow our Munns Kikuyu
1. Soil is to be evenly graded, well drained and level.2. Lightly rake area one-way to create furrows.3. Shake pack thoroughly before seeding to overcome any settling. Broadcast the contents of this pack evenly using the built-in spreader on top of pack.4. Rake again lightly at right angles (90 degrees) to the original furrows.5. Keep the top 1cm of soil moist at all times during germination using a fine mist spray. This may require watering several times a day especially in hot and windy conditions.6. Mow the lawn when the grass is 5-6cm high and just cut the top 2cm off. This encourages root growth. As the lawn matures, lower the blades gradually.After 12 weeks fertilise your new lawn with a high quality Munns ® Professional Lawn Fertiliser that suits your lawn type for a healthy, lush green lawn.Storage: Ensure that the pack is closed. Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.