Lawn Mowing Tips
- New lawns should be allowed to develop good leaf are before the first cut (at least five centimetres tall).
- Never mow too low. Don’t remove more than one third of the leaf in any one mowing.
- Don’t mow when it’s very hot or very wet.
- Remove lawn clippings or use a mulching mower.
- Keep mowing equipment clean and in good condition.
- Wear suitable clothes and safe footwear.
- Watchout for thatch. Thatch is the build up of old grass and other dead material that collects at the base of the grass plants. Scraping it away will allow air movement around the grass plants and reduce the incidence of disease.