How to create a Shoe Garden
You will need:
- Two old running shoes, loafers, high heels or boots
- Potting mix
- Small varieties of flower, vegetable or herb seeds, seedlings or succulents.
What you need to do:
- Make sure your shoes have holes in them. See we do mean ‘old shoes’!
- Fill each shoe with potting mix. Make sure it gets right down into the toes.
- Water until the shoe starts to leak.
- Plant a few seeds in each shoe.
- If you're planting seedlings (small baby plants) or succulents, carefully remove them from the pot they are currently in and place gently in a hole in the soil, in the shoe.
- Place out in the sunshine and water the shoes when the soil is dry down to the bottom of your thumb.
- Wait for the seeds to sprout or new shoots to grow on the plants