Directions for use
Trap Operation Instructions
- Switch OFF (Fig A) and remove batteries.
- Baiting: Open the kill chamber door and bait trap with pea-sized amount of peanut butter or Ratsak® mouse attractant in bait cup only (Fig B). Apply bait using gloves, a toothpick or other tool to mask your scent. Warning: Any bait touching the metal may cause malfunction.
- Power: Insert 4 AA batteries (Fig C).
- Trap placement: Place the trap on a clean, dry surface along a wall, making sure the side with the rodent entrance is against the wall. Turn the switch to the ON position. The green light will blink/flash once and the unit will buzz for a few seconds when enabled (Fig D).
- LED light Flashing green: rodent caught (flashes for one week) Red: replace batteries.
- Rodent disposal: Turn the switch to OFF and remove batteries. Remove kill chamber (Fig E). Open kill chamber door (Fig F) and properly discard mouse. Follow cleaning instructions if required.
Trap Cleaning Instructions
(Only clean when necessary – when debris remains on shock plates)
- Disassembly: Turn the switch to OFF (Fig A). Hold trap with battery compartment in left hand, power switch facing upwards and rodent entrance facing towards you. With your right hand push forward and separate the kill chamber from the electronics housing (Fig E).
- Cleaning: The kill chamber is now ready for cleaning. Open kill chamber door (Fig F). Use soft bristle brush and warm water to scrub inside of chamber (hydrogen peroxide topical solution may also be used). DO NOT get water on electronics housing.
- Drying: Thoroughly dry interior and exterior of kill chamber, or allow to air dry, prior to trap reassembly. Ensure unit is completely dry before reuse. Dry hands thoroughly.
- Assembly: Hold battery compartment in left hand with power switch facing upwards and align lug holes. Insert lugs into opposite openings and pull right hand backwards to reconnect halves (Fig G).
- Reuse: Trap is ready to use. Follow trap operation instruction steps 1-6.
Handy rodent control tips
- Eliminate as far as practical all alternative food sources.
- Keep food stored in sealed containers.
- Consider using gloves when setting the trap to avoid the rodent detecting human scent.
- Move the traps to a new location after 48 hours if rats are still present.
- Bait with Peanut Butter to attract the rodent, or use cheese if no peanut butter is available. For extra results, use Ratsak Attract paste.
- Repair holes, cracks and cervices that may encourage rats to enter the building. Or use Ratsak Repel solutions to prevent new rodents.
* If used as directed. With fully charged batteries and rodent fully committed to trap.
^ Batteries not included.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED