How to grow philodendron in a Pot
- Choose a pot at least twice the size of the select plant and position in a spot indoors that is well lit, but away from direct sunlight like a near a window.
- Partially fill the pot with Yates Potting Mix with Dynamic Lifter.
- Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in pot and backfill with potting mix, gently firming down. Water in well keeping the water away from the leaves.
- After the initial watering, allow the potting mix to almost completely dry out before watering again. To test, insert your index finger to the first knuckle, if it’s dry, water and if it’s still moist, don’t water.
- Feed fortnightly during the growing season – usually from spring to autumn – with Yates Thrive Houseplant Liquid Plant Food.