How to grow fiddle leaf fig in a pot
- Choose a pot at least 300mm wide (or larger, depending on the size of your plant). Position in well-lit spot, away from direct sunlight.
- Partially fill with quality potting mix, such as Yates Potting Mix with Dynamic Lifter.
- Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in pot and backfill with potting mix, gently firming down. Water in well afterwards.
- Water when the potting mix is dry – insert your index finger to the first knuckle, if it’s dry, water and if it’s moist, leave watering for a few more days.
- Feed the plant fortnightly during spring and summer with Yates Thrive All Purpose Liquid Plant Food. This fertiliser promotes strong root development and healthy foliage growth. No feeding is required during the winter months.