How to grow fiddle leaf fig in a pot
- Choose a pot at least 300mm wide (or larger, depending on the size of your plant). Position in well-lit spot, away from direct sunlight.
- Partially fill with quality potting mix, such as Yates Potting Mix with Dynamic Lifter.
- Remove the plant from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in pot and backfill with potting mix, gently firming down. Water in well afterwards.
- Water when the potting mix is dry – insert your index finger to the first knuckle, if it’s dry, water and if it’s moist, leave watering for a few more days.
- Feed fortnightly from spring to autumn with Yates Thrive Houseplant Liquid Plant Food or use a Yates Thrive Indoor Plants & Ferns Dripper which feeds for 4 weeks.