How to grow sweet peas in a garden
- Choose a well drained spot in the garden that has full sun and is sheltered from wind.
- Enrich the soil with some compost and Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser before planting.
- Sow into damp soil where the sweet peas are to grow and lightly cover with soil. Tall growing varieties will need a support to climb up.
- Do not water for a couple of days after sowing. If the soil becomes dry water gently to keep it slightly moist while the seeds are germinating.
- Once the seedlings are established, feed every 1 to 2 weeks with Yates Thrive Roses and Flowers Liquid Plant Food.
- Pinch out first buds to encourage bushier plants.
- Remove any spent flowers to prolong the display.