How to grow lilies in a garden
- Choose a well drained spot in the garden that receives morning sun and is protected from the afternoon heat.
- Enrich the soil with some compost and Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser before planting.
- Place the bulb directly where the plant is to grow at a depth of 10cm-20cm and 30cm-40cm apart. Ideally plant 3-5 bulbs in a clump as this will produce a stunning effect.
- Cover with soil.
- Keep the soil nice and moist ensuring not to overwater.
- Towards the end of winter, when the shoots begin to emerge feed every 1-2 weeks with Yates Thrive Natural Roses and Flowers Liquid Plant Food.