How to grow hippeastrum in a garden
- Choose a well drained spot in the garden that attracts full sun to part shade and is sheltered from wind.
- Enrich the soil with some compost and Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser before planting.
- Plant bulb with the point facing upwards keeping the neck of the bulb at the soil surface.
- Space 30cm apart. Water sparingly.
- Once shoots start to appear, feed every 2-3 weeks with Yates Thrive Roses & Flowers Liquid Plant Food which will bolster the bulbs nutrient supplies for a great flower display.