How to grow gardenias in a garden
- Choose a spot in the garden that gets full sun to part shade, with well drained soil. Enrich the soil with Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser. If the soil is clay based, add gypsum and fork in well.
- Dig the planting hole twice as wide and to the same depth as the root-ball. Remove the shrub from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in hole and backfill with soil, gently firming down. Form a raised ring around the plant, creating a well so that water will go where it’s needed most. Water in well.
- Mulch around the base with organic mulch like bark chips, sugar cane or pea straw, keeping it away from the main stems of the plant.
- Feed every week with Yates Thrive Roses & Flower Liquid Plant Food.