How to grow catmint in a garden
- Fill starter pots or trays with Yates Seed Raising Mix. Sow Catmint (Nepeta mussinii) seeds, cover, firm down and gently.
- Water gently and keep moist through germination period.
- While the seedlings are growing, choose a spot in the garden that receives full sun to part shade and prepare the planting area well by digging in Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser.
- Allow the seedlings to grow to at least 5-7 cm before transplanting.
- When transplanting them into your prepared garden bed, ensure seedlings are well spaced – at least 30cm apart. Water in well.
- Mulch with an organic mulch, such as bark chips, sugar cane or pea straw.
- Feed every 1 to 2 weeks with Yates Thrive Roses & Flowers Liquid Plant Food.