How to grow ajuga in a garden
- Choose a part shaded spot in the garden that receives filtered or morning sun and is sheltered from the afternoon sun that has well drained soil. Enrich the soil with Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser.
- Dig the planting hole twice as wide and to the same depth as the root-ball. Remove the shrub from the container, gently tease the roots and cut away any circled or tangled roots.
- Position in hole and backfill, gently firming down. Form a raised ring around the plant, creating a well so that water will go where it’s needed most. Water in well.
- Mulch around the base with organic mulch like bark chips, sugarcane or pea straw, keeping it away from the trunk.
- Feed every 1 to 2 weeks with Yates Thrive Roses & Flowers Liquid Plant Food.