How to grow marigolds in your garden
- Choose a spot in the garden that receives full sun and prepare the planting area well by digging in Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser.
- Fill starter pots or trays with Yates Seed Raising Mix. Sow seeds, cover, firm down and water well. Keep the soil moist so the seeds don’t dry out. Alternatively, you can sow the seeds directly where they are to grow.
- Water gently and keep moist through germination period.
- The seedling are ready to transplant when they are approximately 5 cm in height.
- When transplanting them into your prepared garden bed, ensure seedlings are well spaced – at least 30 cm apart. Water in well.
- Mulch with an organic mulch, such as bark chips, sugar cane or pea straw.
- Feed every 1 to 2 weeks with Yates Thrive Roses and Flowers Liquid Plant Food.