Free shipping when you spend $25 or more on seeds
Free shipping when you spend $50 or more on other products

How do i treat what i think is sooty mold. Live on Gold coast see photo

General Advice • Diseases

Thank you for contacting Yates.

Sooty mould is caused by sap-sucking insects such as aphid, scale or mealy bugs. The insects secrete a sugary substance that goes black with mould over time, hence its name. You may notice there are ants around, as they are also after the sugary substance. Once you control the aphids or scale, the black sooty mould will disappear over time or you can wash off with soapy water.

Hope this helps and happy gardening.

Yt-team

yates

Answered: 25 Aug, 2020

We also plant seeds in the heads of gardeners

Join the Yates Garden Community to receive personalised monthly emails, and hear about exclusive promotions and giveaways.

Join Now
Stay Connected Facebook Instagram Youtube