Create the Taste of Italy
Tomatoes are summer favourites and homegrown tomatoes taste so much better. You don’t need a big backyard; tomatoes are easy to grow in pots too. One of the easiest and hardiest tomatoes is the little cherry tomato.
- Start by choosing a suitable pot. Yates Tuscan Edge Pots look great in every style of landscape.
- Fill the pot with Yates Professional Potting Mix. It contains slower release fertilisers that will continue to feed your plants.
- Sow Yates Tiny Tim tomato seed into the potting mix. Add some herbs around the outer edge of the pot to help keep the bugs away. Water in well.
- As the seedling begins to appear add some Thrive Liquid Tomato Plant Food to give your seedlings a great start.
- Continue to feed each week with Thrive Soluble Plant Food.
- Protect your new tomatoes by using Yates Success to help keep the bugs and fungal diseases at bay.
- When your tomatoes are ripe, how about making a traditional bruschetta!
Shopping Check List
- Tuscan Edge Pot
- Yates Professional Potting Mix
- Yates Tiny Tim tomato seeds
- Thrive Liquid Tomato Plant Food
- Thrive Soluble Plant Food
- Yates Success
This area is for general comments from members of the public. Some questions or comments may not receive a reply from Yates. For specific gardening advice visit Ask an expert Alternatively you may wish to contact us.