Zucchini and Feta Frittata
This Fresh recipe has been extracted from the Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook published by HarperCollins.
The Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook is perfect for gardeners who like to cook and is available from leading book stores.
This recipe is more omelette than a true frittata, but is fast and easy, and a popular dish with children. Serves 4
40g butter (divided measure)
2 large zucchini, unpeeled but sliced finely
2 spring onions (white parts only), sliced finely
Salt and pepper to taste
40 g feta cheese, chopped small
2 Tbsp grated cheese
- Melt half the butter in a non-stick grill-proof pan (wooden handles might char under the grill).
- Add the zucchini and spring onions to the butter and fry gently for about 5 minutes until the zucchini is soft.
- Preheat the grill.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and season. Use a fork to gently break the yolks and combine the eggs with the diced feta.
- Pour into the pan. Cook slowly, swirling the pan to move the eggs and cheese about.
- When the edge begins to set (about 3-4 minutes), top with the grated cheese and put the pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Cut into wedges or quarters to serve.
This area is for general comments from members of the public. Some questions or comments may not receive a reply from Yates. For specific gardening advice visit Ask an expert Alternatively you may wish to contact us.