This Fresh recipe has been extracted from the Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook published by HarperCollins.
The Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook is perfect for gardeners who like to cook and is available from leading book stores.
These easy savouries are quick and simple but very moreish. Makes 24- 36 savouries
2 sheets of ready-made puff pastry
3/4 cup cream cheese
2 Tbsp chopped black olives
1 Tbsp chopped spring onions
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
I Tbsp capers, finely chopped
24-36 slices of ripe tomatoes
100g creamy blue cheese, thinly sliced
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut as many discs as possible from the pastry sheets. Using a smaller cookie cutter, press it onto each cut-out disc, taking care not to cut through the pastry – this gives the discs a narrow border.
- Keep the discs chilled until needed.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix the cream cheese with the olives, spring onions, cayenne, garlic and capers.
- Place the pastry discs on an oven tray, top each with some cream cheese mixture, a tomato slice and a sliver of blue cheese.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
This area is for general comments from members of the public. Some questions or comments may not receive a reply from Yates. For specific gardening advice visit Ask an expert Alternatively you may wish to contact us.