Asparagus and prosciutto salad
This Fresh recipe has been extracted from the Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook published by HarperCollins.
The Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook is perfect for gardeners who like to cook and is available from leading book stores.
This is a salad for a warm spring day. Shaved smoked ham is a good substitute if prosciutto is not available.
- At least 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
- Shaved Parmesan or fresh goat’s milk cheese, crumbled
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for a bare 3 minutes, then remove and plunge into iced water.
- Remove and slice the spears lengthwise into halves, and put aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Strip leaves off the thyme, chop finely and add to the oil / lemon dressing.
- Allowing two slices of prosciutto per serving, arrange the slices prettily on an entree plate.
- Divide the asparagus between the plates, and spoon over 2- 3 tsp of the dressing.
- Garnish with cheese.
This area is for general comments from members of the public. Some questions or comments may not receive a reply from Yates. For specific gardening advice visit Ask an expert Alternatively you may wish to contact us.