Blackcurrant deep-dish crumble
This Fresh recipe has been extracted from the Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook published by HarperCollins.
The Yates Garden Fresh Cookbook is perfect for gardeners who like to cook and is available from leading book stores.
Somewhere between a fruit cobbler and a crumble, this is a moist and crumbly cake-come-pudding. Serves 4-6
- 110g sugar
- 110g flour
- 70g butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 180g blackcurrants
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Put the sugar in the food processor bowl and whizz for a few seconds to make it finer (or use caster sugar).
- Put the sugar, flour and butter in a bowl and rub the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the beaten egg and mix.
- Add the fruit and fold everything gently together then tip into a lightly greased, ovenproof dish – Pyrex or china, not metal – and bake for 40- 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
This area is for general comments from members of the public. Some questions or comments may not receive a reply from Yates. For specific gardening advice visit Ask an expert Alternatively you may wish to contact us.