Nature’s Way is an umbrella branding for a range of Yates products that have eco-friendly components. Nature’s Way Fruit Fly Control has been included in this range because it’s based on spinosad, the naturally-derived insecticide found in Yates Success.
Yates Nature’s Way Fruit Fly Control works by tricking the insect into absorbing the spinosad that’s been combined with an irresistible bait. After she emerges from her pupal case in the soil, the female fly looks to feed on a source of protein before she lays her eggs. When she eats the protein and sugar bait in Nature’s Way Fruit Fly Control, she also ingests a dose of the insecticide, which means she never makes it to the egg-laying stage.
Fruit fly baits are nothing new but many have used a hormone that only attracts male flies (they’re the ones that don’t lay the eggs!) or have been based on a nasty chemical. Now Yates Nature’s Way Fruit Fly Control has a low toxic formulation that really works.
- LOW TOXIC solution
- Controls fruit flies, including Queensland fruit fly & Mediterranean fruit fly.
- Can be used on fruit trees, vines, nuts, trees, vegetables and ornamentals.
- Contains a protein and sugar based bait to attract fruit flies.
- Perfect for use in organic gardens
- No withholding period
- One 200ml bottle treats up to 30 trees.
Active: 0.24g/L spinosad.
Contains protein and sugar based bait.